Imagine an early childhood center with bright classrooms, developmentally appropriate activities, and engaging, experienced, and caring teachers. Imagine a beautiful playground, a large grassy area, and an indoor gym. Imagine well-designed learning centers, cozy gathering spots, and joyful children.
Imagine your child here at Castleton Hill Moravian Preschool.
A Message from Our Director
At Castleton Hill, we welcome families of all religious and ethnic backgrounds to become a part of our preschool family. Here, your child will be nurtured and treated like the special individual that he or she is as they learn skills vital to a successful future. Skills such as, how to work alone and with others, share and take turns, express thoughts and ideas, listen to others and develop feelings of security as they discover the world around them. Together by working and playing, we will build an important educational foundation and create a love for learning all while having fun!
A Message from Our Church
Castleton Hill Moravian Church is proud of the love, care, and skill our Preschool staff members bring to their work. They teach our Preschool children to love and appreciate God’s creation by instilling in them the joy of discovery and learning. The children develop positive self-esteem as God’s children by engaging in age appropriate activities. The staff nurture the children’s ability to be kind and loving people by teaching them to share, to care about each other, and to wait their turn. We see their “people-making” work as a vital ministry of our congregation. We hope that just as your children find a loving environment in their classrooms, you know you are always welcome to join us in church where you too can experience God’s love.
- Is a creative preschool program within a Christian environment.
- Is a ministry and service to the community, established in 1986 by the Castleton Hill Moravian Church.
- Offers developmentally appropriate early childhood programs that meet the social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of your preschooler.
- Is a place where young children enjoy being young while they look forward to growing older.
- Is licensed by the New York City Bureau of Day Care.
- Has 5 spacious classrooms equipped with child sized bathrooms.
- Is equipped with an indoor gym with bikes, parachutes, and obstacle courses.
- Maintains a beautiful outdoor age-appropriate fenced-in playground.
- Provides video secured entrance doors.
Is equipped with child safety latch gates around the perimeter.
Certified, experienced teachers and qualified assistant teachers provide a safe, nurturing environment for learning. Staff members have certification in first aid, CPR, child abuse prevention, food safety, infectious disease control, and Handwriting Without Tears. Our staff also regularly attends multiple workshops to advance their professional development.
Castleton Hill is proud of our retention rate. Many staff members have been here for 15 years or more, and have sent their own children through the program. Our staff loves what they do; and it shows!